Tuesday, November 4, 2008

McCain vs. Obama

How am I supposed to focus on homework when stuff like this is being posted?? This is a bulletin that was posted on myspace...and of course...my response to it! Enjoy! **warning...somewhat long***
In watching the late days of this presidential campaign, I am compelled to let you all know why I am voting the way I am, not so much in the hope you would agree with me, because your mother and I have raised you to be independent thinkers, but because bad things are about to happen to our country if and when Barack Obama is elected.I believe that if someone sees that bad things are about to happen, he has some measure of responsiblity to warn others about it before it happens so they can take evasive or corrective action should they choose to do so. I think there are two major issues in choosing who to vote for: character, and experience. I believe McCain has character, and integrity. I know he has experience, particularly in foreign policy.I believe that Obama's character is suspect at best, and I know he has no experience. I am voting for John McCain and Sarah Palin for President and Vice President because the paramount issue for me is our national security. McCain is experienced, courageous, and wise in the ways of today's world. He does not spend a lot of time trying to figure out who the bad guys are in today's world. Obama is by far the most inexperienced, least qualified person in American history to contend for the office of President.He literally has no clue about how to handle foreign aggression.When ..:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Russia invaded Georgia this summer, his response was to urge "both sides" to "calm down".McCain immediately denounced Russian aggression, and demanded that they pull out of Georgia.McCain supported the surge in Iraq, while Obama opposed the surge in Iraq.Obama still does not understand how wrong he was, or will simply not admit it. Our country has enemies, and they are watching this election.They are hoping Obama wins, and hoping McCain does not win.If Obama wins, look for a significant increase in terrorist attacks against U.S.interests both here and overseas.If Obama wins, be very careful about traveling abroad.American tourists (and ex-pats) will be less safe under an Obama presidency than they are today.If he wins, look for an international crisis to develop very quickly. If you have not done so, I strongly encourage you to read the 911 Commission Report.If nothing else, read the preamble and introduction to it.It is a very clear statement about the forces behind the 911 terrorist attack on our country.This was not "a tragedy", as Obama calls it.It was an act of intentional aggression against our country unprecedented since Pearl Harbor.The aggressors have not gone away - they are still there, and an Obama victory will encourage them greatly, because they will believe they will be able to attack us with impunity due to Obama's lack of experience or survival instincts.Unfortunately, I fear they may well be right in their assessment. If Obama wins, also look for significant increases in unemployment, in taxes, and in the rate of inflation.We will likely be taking large steps in the development of a welfare, socialist state - the philosophy that has failed the world over.Obama's economic policy in one word is "socialism". Obama is a socialist, and one of the most liberal, left-wing candidates our country has known in a long time.He is smooth, charming, politically adroit, and slippery.Socialism has failed in evey country where it has been tried. Our country cannot tax itself into economic recovery. Economic survival depends on working hard, and making a contribution, and getting paid for your contribution. Government does not produce anything. That doesn't mean that government is not needed. It is.But it is individual businesses and workers who produce things, create jobs, and who generate economic growth.A government that overly burdens individual enterprise and business success will discourage initiative, and bring the entire economy to a place of non-productivity. I suggest you read the article written by Grant Horner, who is an English professor at Master's College, in which he elaborates on Obama's socialism. I sent you each the article in an email. You have probably not heard about the Florida interview with Joe Biden, in which the interviewer read a quote presenting an economic philosophy, and dealing with economic issues, and then asked Biden whether that fairly represented Obama's views. Biden said, yes it did.The interviewer then told Biden that this was a quote from Karl Marx, in which he summarized his socialist philosophy.Strangely, there has been little or no coverage in the press about this. Obama's solution is higher taxes, and more government spending.This has never worked, and it won't work this time. Finally, Obama claims to be Christian, but I do not see how anyone claiming to be a Christian can be as vehemently pro-abortion as he is, or someone pro-abortion can claim to be a Christian.This is a moral issue to me, and while I know there are those who disagree with me, I do not know anyone who claims to be a Bible-believing Christian and a follower of Jesus Christ who is supportive of abortion on demand, for any reason or no reason, or who favors partial birth abortions. Obama does.While the effects of an Obama presidency as supportive of the abortion industry are not likely to be felt as a society any time soon, at least not directly, it is still a reprehensible position for our government to take.When the most vulnerable members of a society are not protected, that is a measure of the character of that society, and it is a sign of things to come. For a thorough review of Obama's pro-abortion politics, see the article by Professor Robert George, of Princeton University, titled "Obama's Abortion Extremism". This was part of Grant Horner's email as well. So, when I have said that emotion is a poor basis for making decisions, the above is some of what I am talking about.I know that he has many rabid, passionate followers - but I have not yet heard anyone explain to me why he is qualified to be president.I've heard a lot about 'dreams', and 'change' and 'hope', and great speeches, but very little about experience or character.He poses well, and he speaks well, and both of those things are important - just not as important as character and experience. I firmly believe that Obama is a lightweight, and a 'poser'. McCain is qualified, experienced, and courageous.He can lead this country effectively, I believe.At times he is frustrating, and at times I disagree with his stand on things.But in foreign policy matters, I trust him, and I believe our enemies will respect him and fear us, and those are good things. One of the amazing things about this election is the vitriol and venom directed at Sarah Palin for being "unqualified", when actually her experience and qualifications are greater than Obama's.Even more breathtaking than the audacity of Obama supporters using the "inexperience" argument at all is the fact that the argument - which is absurd on its face - gets some traction. Amazing. So, there you have it.If Obama wins, and he very well may, and the things I believe will happen as a result do actually happen, I will be saying "I told you so". That may be my theme for the next four years.In the meantime, 'batten down the hatches' because bad things may be about to happen.may God bless our country.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I respect everyone's opinion, and firmly feel that someone can vote for a particular candidate for whatever reason they deem most important, as many of you already know, I have an opinion, and I love sharing it with people whether they want to hear it or not. While there are certainly issues that I would love to jump to first in this "letter" because they made me laugh out loud, or vocally disagree while reading, I will simply go in order.
..:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
First of all, the general assumption that "bad things are going to happen to our country" if Obama is elected is truly one of the most ignorant statements I've heard someone lay claim to. I'm sure it's not necessary to remind everyone that in 2001, when our country was attacked by terrorists, it was under a republican president. A president that was warned a number of times before the attack actually happened, and still took no precautions to protect our country. To make such a general statement and not back it up with concrete evidence it childish to say the least…but we'll get into more detail with this issue a bit later.

On character and experience, I have to laugh out loud while I read that this person believes that McCain has more character than Obama. McCain, the one who left his crippled wife and was engaged to the wealthy Cindy before his divorce was even final. McCain, the one that has people yelling out "kill him" when talking about Obama at his rallies, and simply keeps talking. Character is shaking a man's hand after a debate, and not referring to someone as "that one". Character is holding your head high as people attack the church you go to, your middle name, whether you are black enough, and your heritage. The first time I questioned McCain's character was when he set aside the safety of our country and announced that his VP was Sara Palin, chosen not for her experience or leadership qualities, but because of her gender. McCain does have more experience than Obama, but he threw that argument out the window when he chose Palin to run with him. I further argue that being qualified for a particular position requires much more than experience!

On the issue of foreign policy, a number of things were said that I firmly disagree with. When talking about McCain, this person said that "he does not spend a lot of time trying to figure out who the bad guys are in today's world". I must ask the obvious here….since when is this a good thing??? The more I hear about McCain's philosophy when it comes to our nation's security, I can't help but think that he has adopted the theme "bomb baby bomb". George Bush didn't spend a whole heck of a lot of time trying to figure out who the bad guys were either…and now we are involved in TWO wars, because he sent us to the wrong battleground! Since when is patience a bad thing? And to go on and say that he has no clue how to handle foreign policy because he voted against the surge, I must remind you that Obama voted against the war in the first place, while McCain voted for it. Why do people forget that? McCain said that the war in Iraq would be "quick and easy", 7 years and billions of dollars later, our country is still left wondering when exactly this quick and easy idea is going to start. Where was his judgment and experience then????

To make an assumption that our country will go through many terrorist attacks if Obama is elected president is disgusting. Where was this guy who claims to know so much about the future on September 10, 2001?? Does he not know that America is already one of the most hated countries in the world due to Bush's decisions? Two friends of mine that were able to study abroad had to watch in horror as riots burnt American flags in the middle of the streets. It's already unsafe for us to travel abroad because our country is involved in killing innocent women and children on a daily basis.

Quote: "If Obama wins, also look for significant increases in unemployment". AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Has this idiot not watched the news over the past couple of months? Our countries unemployment rate rises even higher with each passing month. When Clinton left office in 2000, our country saw a surplus. Today, the Time's Square National Debt clock is running out of room at over $10 trillion dollars!! On top of this, the republicans that support the war bitch about raising our taxes. They want a war…but they don't want to pay for it!! The author then goes on to say that "Obama's solution is higher taxes, and more government spending. This has never worked, and it won't work this time." REALLY? Because it appears that lower taxes and an insane amount of government spending by our republican president isn't working very well for us either!

I just finished watching the alleged Florida interview that this author mentions, and he should be ashamed and embarrassed, because it's obvious that he hasn't watched the interview either, and if he has, then he's just flat out lying. Joe Biden in no way said that this is Obama's philosophy. In fact he laughs out loud when she reads it and asks if she is joking. He never once says that this quote depicts Obama's philosophy, and goes on to explain their plan for tax cuts for the middle class. So it's actually not "strange" that the media has chosen not to show it. I have to wonder where this person is getting their facts from?

Ah. And we now get to my favorite part of this lovely "letter". I love it when people place it upon themselves to decide what constitutes being a Christian and what doesn't. Who does this guy think he is? Jesus incarnate? Chosen by God to lay judgment on others? To make accusations that Obama is not a Christian, is the very reason that Christians turn people away from the word of God everyday. To pick out verses of the bible that you like or want to live by, and leave others out is not only hypocritical, but childish and down right nasty! Let's not forget that Bush is pro-life and nothing has been done to ban abortions! To make the accusation that Obama is vehemently pro-abortion, as if Obama is advocating for more abortions, is a hint to the authors character! Obama has said more times than I can count that active steps need to be taken to lower the rates of abortions!! I don't see how someone can claim to be a "bible-believing Christian and a follower of Jesus Christ" and take it upon himself to be the decider of what deems someone a Christian. Am I not mistaken that "we ALL fall short of the glory of God"…yes…that's right…even the jerk that made these comments! It's disgusting to me that Christians are at the forefront of spreading nasty lies, and passing judgment on everyone!

After making so many false and sickening statements, this author then has the audacity to say that the vitriol (anger) and venom directed at Sara Palin is amazing! HA! Did he not read his very own letter? Does he not realize that many of his poorly researched claims are downright lies and smears?! Some of the nastiest lies and comments have originated from so-called Christians this election, on both sides! No one has the right to say that one issue is more important than another when deciding who to vote for, or that "emotion is a poor basis to make decisions". One of the wonderful things about our democracy is that each individual person is given the opportunity to vote for someone that they feel will work hard to uphold their beliefs and values. For someone to claim that certain values should be deemed more important than others, goes against the very fundamentals that a democracy is built upon.

To the author of this letter: I will not tell you that the foundations for which you choose to hold more essential than others in this election are mundane or unimportant., because you have that basic right to vote on the issues that are important to you. I will say that your letter was poorly researched, dim-witted, foolish, and simply false in many aspects. If you make statements like the ones in this letter, you had better be able to back them up with ample evidence, and true quotes not taken out of context. I would also like to remind you that God did not appoint you to sit on the thrown of judgment, and to make accusations like the ones you did is disrespectful to my faith. I also feel compelled to remind that you that humility is a wonderful virtue!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Go to town Katie! Love it! Tonight is the night! Finally here!