I'm writing this quickly from my phone, because it's all anybody has been talking about for the past few days.
Torture is wrong on so many levels. I don't care whether or not it works, I don't care If we get useful information from it, I just don't care. It's illegal.
We currently have soldiers in jail from what happened at abu graib, yet nobody that actually have the demands is being punished for it. This is ridiculous. I think it's refreshing to have a president that respects the military chain of command, and the fact that these soldiers were given orders from Dick Cheney himself! Nobody is above the law, and therfore somebody should be punished for what has happened.
I'm so confused by the number of people that argue that If torture succeeds at making our country safer, then we should continue to do so! If the united states of ameica can't find more effective ways for getting valuable information, then we as a country should be ashamed of ourselves! And for those of you that like to claim that water boarding isn't torture, remember back to WWII when we shot a man for water boarding one of our soldiers! If it's not torture then why did we kill him?? Oh, that's right....it's called a war crime!
Something has to be done here.
Oh. And one more thought. If torture is so effective, then why did we have to water board ONE man 183 times??!? It's insane!
**sorry If this contains a lot of typos, as it's my first "phone blog".
Best of Killing Time - Culture Warriors
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment