http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3mOyuJvX8U
When the negativity of the election start to boggle me down…when I start to question what it was that I first saw in Obama that literally drew me to him…I watch this video…and I remember.
I remember the change that he stands for. I see the look of determination on the faces of those that are watching him. I see the way that he is able to inspire even the weakest people…and it’s in this inspiration that I see a true leader. I hear the determination in his voice…a determination that we will no longer be content with the status quo, and it gives me hope.
I’ve been called naïve for believing in this change that Barack Obama promises. I’ve heard the accusations that “young America” doesn’t realize that these changes are “impossible”. That we are “inexperienced” in the ways of politics, and that we don’t “understand”. I’ve been told that it’s naïve to think that we can solve problems with other countries without going to war. But to these people I say, where would we be without hope? Where would we be if people did not have the courage to stand up and say “enough”? Our country was founded upon a list of “childish dreams”, and our country continues to thrive off of “foolish hopes”.
As for me, I will continue to cling to these “naïve” dreams that my Mom will one day get the same health care that George Bush and his millionaire friends do! I will continue to cling to the dream that my Dad will be taken care of for the rest of his life by his government, because he fought bravely for his country! I will continue to cling to the hope that we will no longer blatantly discriminate against fellow American’s due to their sexual orientation! I will continue to cling to the dreams that our troops will never again be sent to die for something that isn’t absolutely necessary! I will continue to cling to the hope that American’s don’t consider helping those that are less fortunate as “welfare”, but rather an honor…a duty…and a need! And yes…I will continue to cling to the hope that one day…I will be able to look at my President with an admiration and pride that I have yet to experience…
Best of Killing Time - Culture Warriors
1 day ago

2 comments:
hello
You go girl! Don't ever give up hope! And your "childish" dreams are amazing! They are "childish" dreams that a lot of us have! They are not naive' dreams, but dreams of a good future for us and our country! I applaud you for standing by your dreams and hopes, and for caring about all us, even the ones you don't know! Love, hugs and kisses! A very proud mother!
Post a Comment