Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Cement Roof

Senator Joe Biden is getting a lot of attention for a comment that he made that was somewhere along the lines of "I assume she agrees with the same policies that George Bush and John McCain think, and that's obviously a backwards step for women".

Ugh. Again, I wish that people would stop "grasping" for quotes to take out of context. Both sides are doing it...and I'm sick of all of it.

Biden is referring to women's right...and the right to choose when it comes to abortion. I'm pro-life...so I don't agree that we should have the right to choose...but this is clearly what he is referencing.

I have another take on the "backwards step for women". I think that the mere fact the Sarah Palin is even on the ticket with McCain is a HUGE step back for women. The McCain campaign, after discovering that Obama didn't choose Hillary as his running-mate, jumped at the opportunity to pick up those female voters out there that are willing to vote primarily based on gender. Disgusting! And not just one "backwards step" for women...but a giant leap!! Women have fought so hard to gain equality rights, to be treated fairly by their male counter parts, and for the right to not be "counted out" simply for being a female. So it's appalling to me that she is willing to be "counted in" just because she is a woman!

And I throw up a little in my mouth every time I hear her speech that women all over the country "aren't finished yet...and we can shatter that glass ceiling once and for all!" Forget shattering the glass ceiling Palin, you added a cement roof!!

So quit...quit with the claims that people are being "sexist", because the only "sexist" person that I can see in this election is Sarah Palin...and if you can't stand the heat Palin...get out of the kitchen. (oh no...was that a sexist comment?)


~~~~~Just something I wanted to add~~~~~
Sarah Palin knows very well that she was chosen as the VP candidate because of her gender. Why else, when she was asked whether or not she thought that Obama regretted not picking Hillary as his running mate...would she get this little twinkle in her eye and nod "oh...I think he's regretting it now". What a slap in the face for us women that she is "ok" with not being chosen due to her qualifications but rather the fact that she was born with the right chromosomes!! She should be ashamed of herself!

1 comment:

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.